National Bike to Work Week is May 14th-18th
Here are our top tips to get you started biking to work and to stay motivated:
Commuting by Bike is one of the most healthy lifestyle changes you can make. If you don't already commute by bike here are 5 Tips to Help You Start Commuting By Bike:
- Plan your route. Choose a low-stress route with bike lanes or quiet side streets.
- Use the bike you have, take bike share if you have one in your city or borrow a bike.
- Dress for the weather. Bring a rain jacket if it is likely to rain, bring a change of clothes if your commute is over 5 miles. If you start to overheat stop and remove layers.
- Bring a lock or store your bike in a secure building.
- Repeat. It takes 66 days for a new behavior to become automatic.
Stay motivated, 5 reasons to keep bike commuting:
- You save money, it costs just $308 per year in bike upkeep compared to $9,000 for owning a car.
- The average person loses 13 pounds in the first year of bike commuting.
- Cycling helps reduce stress and improves your mental health.
- Bike Commuters are entitled to a $20 per month tax-free reimbursement for bike-related expenses.
- You’ll always get the best parking spot.
Get Free Shipping + $15 off your order over $50 or more when you enter the code: BikeToWork at checkout May 14th-18th at www.showerspass.com
Bike to Work Day Photo Contest! May 14th-18th
Tag us in your bike to work photos on Instagram for a chance to win a $200 gift certificate.
To enter tag us @showerspass on Instagram with hashtag #biketogearcontest
We will choose a winner Wednesday, May 23rd. No purchase necessary.