At Showers Pass, we stand behind our products. We unconditionally guarantee our outerwear for two years from the date of purchase. Defective items will be repaired or replaced. If you are otherwise unsatisfied with your purchase, we’ll exchange it for something that better suits your needs.
The fine print:
- We want you to be happy with your Showers Pass gear, and we’re confident that somewhere in our product line is something that will work for you. Therefore our satisfaction guarantee grants you the right to a one-time exchange, but we are not able to offer cash refunds on worn items.
- In order to take advantage of our two-year guarantee on products not purchased directly from us, you will need a receipt or other dated proof of purchase.
- We prefer to repair defective items whenever possible. We don’t think you want your jacket in a landfill either.
- We know you don’t want to be without your Showers Pass gear, so we do our best to turn exchanges and repairs around as quickly as possible. Please be patient, though – during peak seasons it can take up to 3 weeks. We might not be able to update you on the status of your transaction until your return has been processed and entered into our system. This does not mean we have forgotten about you.
- We are generally unable to send out replacements until we have received your return or exchange. Likewise, we are usually unable to determine whether an older item qualifies for warranty coverage without having seen it.
- Shipping charges may apply to Customer Satisfaction exchanges.
- If you’re not sure whether something qualifies for coverage under our Warranty or Satisfaction Guarantee policies, give us a call (503 203 8000)
- or email (email@example.com). Our goal is always to find a win-win solution.
If your apparel item is outside of warranty and you would like to pay to repair it give us a call we can point you in the right direction.
We know that things like pavement, tree branches, and puppies can cause serious damage to outerwear. In the event that your new Showers Pass jacket or pant meets such a fate within the first two years of ownership, we can offer you 30% off a replacement. Give us a call 503 203 8000
or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. We reserve the right to request proof of purchase (such as a receipt or credit card statement) and/or a photo of the puppy.
Troubleshooting & Solutions
As you work hard and sweat you overwhelm the abilities of even the best waterproof-breathable fabrics. Water vapor from your body can build up on the inside of the jacket faster than it moves through the membrane, causing you to feel clammy. Here’s how you can minimize clamminess:
- Open vents: The most straightforward solution would be to take advantage of your garment's ventilation system. Showers Pass equips our jackets with strategically placed vents that help the jacket adapt to the rider’s needs. The vents allow moisture vapor to easily escape and keep you comfortable. Additionally, keep in mind open vents will allow rain to creep in.
- Wash your jacket: Regular washing is essential to the proper maintenance of your jacket. With regular use, sweat and grime wear into the waterproof breathable membrane. This clogs the microscopic pores that allow moisture vapor to escape and compromises the breathability of the garment. Maintain breathability by routinely machine washing cold on a gentle cycle. Line dry.
- Reapply DWR: All our waterproof fabrics are coated with a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish that causes water droplets to bead up and roll off. Over time, as the DWR wears off and water begins to saturate the outer material, the wet garment can feel heavy and the wet fabric can decrease the breathability of the garment. If water droplets don’t roll easily off the outer fabric, it is time for a fresh coating. Look for a spray-on or wash-in treatment made for waterproof-breathable fabrics, like NikWax TX Direct, and follow the directions on the bottle.
We sometimes use 2-way zippers for venting, and water-resistant zippers to keep you extra dry. While these features great, they can make the zippers harder to operate.
- Treat with love: To maximize your garment's life, treat all hardware with care. If a waterproof zipper feels stiff don’t yank at it angrily, instead be patient and thankful that it is doing its part to keep you dry. The trick to 2-way zippers is to make sure both sliders are all the way at the bottom and perfectly aligned with each other at the base of the taught zipper before attempting to zip up.
- Remove obstructive gunk: A common cause of zipper problems is foreign material such as grease or dirt building up in your zipper’s tracks. Use a wet sponge to spot treat the zipper, or throw your entire jacket in the washer on a cold, gentle cycle and hang dry. We have found that a small amount of regular pencil graphite rubbed on the zipper’s teeth is a good lubricant.
Crashes can lead to holes in your jacket. Our ripstop fabric will help limit the spread of these tears, but waterproofness will be compromised until the holes are patched.
- Repair: Breathe life into your jacket by patching up the tear with inexpensive waterproof tape available at most gear shops. Treat the patch as a battle wound and wear with pride!
- Repurpose: If a full repair is out of the question (seams are particularly hard to fully re-waterproof) consider reassessing the role of your jacket. Your trusted wet ride companion becomes an awesome windbreaker or your new favorite water resistant, around-town fashion statement.
With proper care, your Showers Pass gear should have a long, full life. With extended wear, and without appropriate maintenance, sweat and dirt worn into your jacket, can cause multi-layer fabrics to delaminate. Delamination can be identified by a bubbled texture on the fabric, often occurring first in high-abrasion areas such as shoulders and back.
- Stop it early! Proper preventative care is key, so please follow your garment's cleaning instructions. If you see the warning signs of delamination in heavy-use areas (bubbled texture as face fabric separates from membrane) be protective of the problem spot, keeping it clean and free of abrasive grit.
- Beyond repair: Sometimes delamination is too extensive and the jacket cannot be restored to original performance level. Reapplying the DWR finish and regular washing will maximize the jacket’s life, but be aware that it may not withstand long, wet rides the way it used to.
If you would like to warranty your jacket please wash it according to care instructions and send it to the address below and include the following information:
- Full Name
- Where you purchased the item and proof of purchase
- A brief description of the problem
2101 SE 6th Ave
Portland, OR 97214
Please allow 1-3 weeks for repairs.
For Repairs in the UK please email email@example.com
If your apparel item is outside of warranty and you would like to pay to repair it we recommend Mountain Soles in Portland Oregon: http://www.mtnsoles.com/outerwear-cycling-apparel/